Welcome to The Write Contest! A playground designed for creative expression…
(That also happens to have CASH PRIZES!)
The Write Contest and Community is designed to hold space for creative expression. Our purpose is to provide a safe foundation for curiosity to grow and develop.
We challenge you to step outside the security of the known and reach for the imagined.
TWCC is just a tribe of fabulously flawed humans in a shared journey to make the world a tiny bit better today than it was yesterday. (If that fails, we will try again tomorrow.)
“A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.”
~expressed ideas of Richard Bach
Active Contests Are Highlighted
- KISS Keep It Short and Simple (WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!)
- Short Story (Deadline: April 23rd, 2021)
- Dialogue Only (Deadline: June 18th, 2021)
- My First Contest
- NonFiction / Memoir
- Road Less Traveled (Surprise Selection)
- Partnered / Sponsored
- Video (complete or scene 1-5 minutes)
- Visual Arts
Short Story and Dialogue Only challenges are open for registration now!
Why Enter Our Contests
Along with our community and education, we run contests throughout the year. There are a lot of reasons to join The Write Contest & Community contests…
- Umm, what else did you have planned for today?!?! (I bet this is more fun! 🙂
- You can Win Money!
- You can Win Prizes!
- You can Win a chance to talk with Authors, Editors, and Agents!
- You can Get Feedback from professionals and refine your craft!
- You can Challenge yourself, your friends, your writing and book groups! (including all of you who just thought, “I’m not a REAL writer/artist/creator.”) WE SEE YOU!
- You can do something new, and interesting, and nerve wracking! 🙂
- And best of all…You can make a difference! EVERY SINGLE ENTRY contributes to making the world a little more awesome!!!
We want you to have fun pushing yourself to try new and scary things. It’s always hard to share your work no matter how experienced you become. TWCC is a great way to stretch yourself and develop skillsets.
We welcome writers, artists, and creators of all kinds and every level of experience (including all of you who just thought, “I’m not a REAL…writer, artist, or creator”) WE SEE YOU!
If you are a professional, a beginner, or someone who’s never even admitted to yourself that you might want to write someday…TWCC is your community.
Come. Share. Learn. Know. Discover. Teach. Play. Grow.
Enjoy the journey!
Because…Why Not, Write?!?
We believe it is not only the experts in the field who can make us better writers, but also the avid readers who we create our stories for. The Write Contest brings together a community of Authors, Agents, Bibliophiles, Book Reviewers, Editors, Instructors, Logophiles, Screen Writers, Avid Readers, and Professionals of every kind who share our love of the written word. Experts in other fields and Guest Judges are assigned to specialized contests and events and Judges continue to be added as new contests open.
There’s a panel of judges assessing every submission and each contest has Featured Judges tasked with selecting the the top winners from our pool of finalists.
“Be yourself, everyone else is taken.”
~expressed ideas of Oscar Wilde
$ $ $ $ $ $
Cash and prizes are awarded for every challenge. See individual contest pages for prize distribution and award dates.
All contests will award cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. Some will have cash and prizes for top 10 and special categories!
A portion of each registration will go to funding The Write Scholarship, Insights, and Residency program to make sure everyone can enjoy the contests, resources, and connections offered by The Write Contest Community.
We also donate a portion of each entry to organizations dedicated to doing good in the world. Watch the donation dollars mount by joining one of our contests.